I am a lover of God and a follower of His Son, Jesus Christ. I serve Him as the Associate Pastor to Children and Their Families at First Baptist Church of Borger, TX. For over 17 years I have pursued God’s call upon my life to minister to families in various forms and capacities. I serve alongside my wife, Ronnie, and my four beautiful and amazing children. Together we seek to bring children and their families to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To be used by God to bring children and families closer to God and each other through the ministry and loving fellowship of the local church.
- To equip and assist parents as the primary source of evangelism and discipleship of their own children in accordance to scripture.
- To offer supplementary evangelistic and discipleship opportunities for families through the life and ministry of the local church.
- To equip leaders from within the local church to advance the Kingdom within the community they live.
- To see children grow in their love for God, for others, and themselves.
- To be a student of the trends and issues affecting children and families in society, culture, and faith.
- To grow in my personal relationship with Christ, and to serve under His guidance as I lead in the spiritual growth of my own family.
The glimpse of my above philosophy brings me to the purpose of this blog. In no way, shape, or form am I an expert. I am just learning and growing daily, like everyone else. When I stumble across a bit of information, either from others whom share the same passions as I do or from the Word Himself, I want to have a place to share. Take what you need, share with others what you will, and leave anything else. Most importantly, know that only through God can we have the power to serve, the wisdom to lead, and the grace to be used despite ourselves.
In His Service – Joel