14 Days Out – Family Sacrifice
It is very difficult to believe that I am 14 days away from serving God in Africa. So very humbling and exciting. Yet, in the midst of my excitement, I must not neglect my family.
Yesterday, I was able to spend time with them as we celebrated the First Day of School, purchased extra school supplies, and picked up many of the items I will need for my expedition. Over dinner, the kids asked a few questions about Africa and we had an opportunity to discuss some of the details about the trip. They are very excited about the project, and I can’t help but think they each have aspirations of serving God oversees themselves one day.
I am so blessed to have a wife and kids who are so supportive and committed to our ministry, wherever it takes us. Full time ministry is a team effort, which many times means team sacrifice. In the case of this mission project, Ronnie will have to parent solo, plus fill in for me in many of my ministry duties at the church. The kids will have extra responsibilities, as well, which will encroach on the little bit of free time they have to begin with. Our family will suffer emotional tolls as contact between myself and them will be very limited for a portion of the project. Our home will a much different place for awhile
These make up the greatest of all the sacrifices, but personal finances are not immune, either. God provides graciously for all our needs through one salary, and we are very blessed. However, special events, camps, and mission trips often cause strains on our budget. Thankfully, He has provided everything I needed for participation in this mission project through our church and many people like you who were sensitive to His calling. Even a portion of my personal expenses have been covered, and for this I am so grateful.
So, as we get closer to the departure day, I ask that you join me in praying for:
- My family
- That God will continue to bless my family, even more so while I am away.
- That God will provide the extra finances we need to recover the rest of my personal expenses and help ease some of financial concerns.
- That my wife will be strengthened through her reliance on God while I am away.
- Our kids will have a constant peace as to my safety and the work God will do.
- Our Team
- We will all be leaving someone at home. Pray for and praise God for the sacrifices their families will make, as well.
- Our Suppporters
- Our supporters have and will continue to make sacrifices to help our team spread the Gospel. Our prayer is that their families be blessed, too.