Youth Camp:Day 3
We are officially over the half way mark here at Hesperus with only one full day of camp left. Time flies when you are having fun, and that is certainly the case here. Not only are we having a great time ,today the students were digging into God’s Word and learned how to CONNECT with friends and family. Today was also a special day as we helped Tabetha celebrate her 19th birthday.
The Zipline closed today due to the lightning, but the weather stayed fair enough for the river rafters to get some time on the Animas, and for the camp to pour 70 yards of concrete into the new basketball court. There have been a few injuries within the camp, but everyone from our group is healthy and happy. Worship this evening was powerful as Josh Storie led in music and Jeromy Ray brought the message. In our church group time, we all talked about the Christian life being hard, but we can know that God has good plans for us if we will be persistent in our faith in Him. We finished the evening with an outdoor game of “Smuggle the Duckling”, a game of strategy, tag, and capture the flag all rolled up in one.
The camp has been one of the best this year. The curriculum is engaging, there is plenty to keep everyone busy, and the students are well behaved and engaging. I ask that you lift up the following in prayer:
- Continued safety. As we do more, we get more tired, which makes up all prone to illness or injury.
- I believe there are many who still need to make a decision for Christ.
- We had a little bear activity last night around the dumpsters. We are not alarmed, but would like for everyone to be smart when walking around the camp in the evenings.
- Continue to pray for energy for Jeromy Ray and the rest of the camp staff. Thursday can be the hardest day physically.
- Pray for the last full day tomorrow that everything would bring honor and glory to God.
We are blessed to have people like you praying for us. May God reward you for your faithfulness and thank you again for your prayers.