Well, been quiet here at the blog due to a much needed vacation. My family and I took off to Texas to see family and enjoy the warm weather. We are back now and one day away from the craziest month of the year. Thought I would recap a little of all that is going on in my head:
- Vacation with the family was great. We got to see my sister and her family in Amarillo, and then got to see my wife’s sister and family in Plano. A big thanks goes out to them for housing and feeding us.
- The Amarillo area really needs rain, BAD! Please join me in praying for the drought and potential for wildfires in that area.
- Had the opportunity to network a little with Aaron Groff and Dennis Humphery, both on staff at Paramount Baptist Church in Amarillo, Texas. Dennis let me hang out in the kids area on Sunday morning. What a great program! If you live in the Amarillo area, or are passing through, check Paramount out. You’ll be blessed.
- Discovered the LEGO store! Where was that when I was growing up?
- Six Flags rocked as always…along with my stomach, ugh.
- Got to see lots of longtime friends from college and high school. Always great to catch up.
- Overall had a great time, thanks to the friends, family, and fellowship.
Now we hit the ground running with VBS preparation, trip and camp prep, and trying to find our house amidst the lawn that has taken over while we were gone.
Encouragement for those who find themselves in the same boat as I.
- First, pray. Philippians 4:6
- Don’t forget to breathe. Very important!
- Delegate what you can, when you can.
- Don’t get tired of doing good – Galations 6:9
God Bless you in your time of work and play.